Math Moments
We began a unit on comparisons and observation this week. The children are exploring the similarities of an object as well as the differences. We had fun with this concept by playing a game with our dino counters. I chose counters that could be sorted in a variety of ways and then discussed with the children the various ways that they could be sorted and classified. The kiddos seemed a bit amazed that there were so many ways to sort the same set. We also used the Unifix blocks to make towers. The children closed their eyes while I made a patterned tower and then raced to build one the same. They were also challenged to all make different towers while I hid my eyes. It took a while for us to complete the last task because the children were so concerned about me peeking! Great work in math this week!